Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
No title

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 58 mal aufgerufen
 Grüße
jin shuiqian Offline

15.10.2019 05:03
single season than most Antworten

First-round draft pick Nikita Scherbak is doing everything he can to crack the Montreal Canadiens roster, but admits its a difficult task for a first-year player. "Its very hard, a lot of pressure, a lot of people watching, but Im alright right now," Scherbak told reporters after the second day of the Canadiens development camp in Brossard, Quebec. Scherbak said his goal is to make to it to the NHL this season, but ultimately the decision will be left to the coaching staff. "Its hard work and well see," said Scherbak. "I cant say I already know (who will make the roster), its the coaches opinion… Its a big pressure for me, but Im trying to play next season, Ill try everything to make it to the NHL." The 18-year-old acknowledged he has areas of his game he needs to improve on in order to play at the top level. "I play pretty well in the offensive zone, but I need to work on defensive zone and compete level with the puck." The native of Moscow, Russia said his favourite player in the league also hails from his home country. "I think Pavel Datsyuk is my favourite player. When I was young, I watched him every time, he was my favourite." Scherbak, who joined the WHLs Saskatoon Blades last season, said hes been working on his English and has used television to help him improve. "I like SportsCentre, I watched just sports like NHL games, NBA games and everything about sports." Undrafted forward Jiri Sekac has also been given his shot with the Montreal Canadiens and he plans to make the most of it. Speaking to reporters following the second day of the development camp, Sekac told reporters he believes he earned his shot with the team through strong play overseas. "I had a really, really good season (in the KHL), and I think thats the reason why I received so many offers," Sekac said. Sekac added that he had been given roughly 10 offers, but narrowed his list to four top-level teams before signing a two-year entry-level contract with the Canadiens. The 22-year-old said he made the decision to join the Canadiens based on his knowledge of the franchise and a visit to the city of Montreal following the World Hockey Championship. He did, however, admit to having a connection with Canadiens forward Tomas Plekanec, though the Czech centre made no impact on his decision. "I didnt really know (Pleakanec), but two years ago, we started playing roller hockey together back in Kladno (Czech Republic), because were from the same town. We didnt really talk about Montreal, though he told me a few things. But it was just my decision (to join the Canadiens), I wasnt making the decision because of someones opinions," Sekac said. Sekac told the media that he hopes he is "really close" to making the NHL, but admitted no player has an easy road to making it immediately. When asked what he thought of Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin mentioning his name amongst three players he believed could fill a spot on the wing in the top nine of the Canadiens lineup, Sekac said hed "do his best to fill the spot" and added he hoped Bergevin was right. Sekac spent the last three seasons playing with Prague Lev of the KHL, finishing second on the team in points with 11 goals and 17 assists in 47 games. Kenneth Faried Jersey . Trailing 5-4 in the third set, the 12th-ranked Isner fought off two match points and evened it at 5-5 with consecutive aces. The former University of Georgia star had his only service break of the match to go up 6-5 before firing the last four of his 30 aces to close out Ginepri, an Atlanta resident ranked 281st. Theo Pinson Nets Jersey . Andrew Luck couldnt believe his ears. Colts fans couldnt believe the scoreboard, and the Kansas City Chiefs couldnt believe their incredibly bad luck. https://www.netsrookiesshop.com/Joe-Harr...Edition-Jersey/. The above paragraph could be rewritten, verbatim, with Marcus Stromans name in place of Romeros. After both men had disastrous outings in Tuesdays 18-4 mauling at the hands of the Tigers, its clear that neither is the best option to begin the season in Toronto. Spencer Dinwiddie Jersey . During halftime, Love told The Associated Press he would receive treatment Saturday night and hoped to play Monday night against Houston. "I knew that my quad was bothering me pretty bad so I went out there and tried to move around a little bit and it just wasnt quite right," Love said. Henry Ellenson Nets Jersey . "Im not even that added up," the 39-year-old Australian replied. And to the Hall of Famers surprise, when all the math was done Sunday in the JTBC Founders Cup, she was the one posing for pictures with the big trophy.OMAHA, Neb. -- Peyton Manning came to Omaha to show the city some love in return for the love it showed him during the NFL playoffs and Super Bowl. Manning was the was the featured speaker at the Bnai Brith sports banquet Thursday night, and he promised the crowd of 1,200 hell keep shouting "Omaha!" at the line of scrimmage. Manning has been using the citys name as part of his pre-snap routine for years, but his "Omaha!" chants put the city of 400,000 in the national spotlight during the playoffs because they came in so loud and clear over television field microphones. "I cant tell you how many suggestions I get on what word I should use next year -- cities, states, businesses, a lot of websites," Manning said. "I am here to tell you I am sticking with Omaha! " With that, the crowd erupted in hoots and applause. Before the banquet, the Greater Omaha Chamber of Commerce presented Manning a check for almost $70,000 for his foundation for at-risk children. Businesses donated money for every pre-snap "Omaha!" shouted by the 2013 NFL MVP. "Im very pleased to be here in the real city of Omaha," he said. "People of this city have been very gracious to me during my visit here. This (donated money) will go a long way to help the children at risk." The chamber of commerce co-ordinated the fundraising effort to thank Manning for the shout-outs and free publicity. The Omaha zoo named a newborn penguin "Peyton," and Omaha Steaks sold an "Omaha, Omaha" variety package of mmeats for Super Bowl partiers.dddddddddddd A local ice cream parlour created a flavour in Mannings honour, "Omaha, Omaha," which had an orange-vanilla base mixed with blue malt balls -- Broncos colours. Manning gave no hint about what his "Omaha!" chants really mean or the reason why he and other quarterbacks use the word as they change plays at the line. Mannings speech focused on the methods he employed to be a successful NFL quarterback. He stressed the importance of putting in extra work, intense film study and a willingness to be a leader. He also touched on the obstacles the Broncos overcame to reach the Super Bowl, where they lost to Seattle. "We faced a ton of injuries, including losing not one but two centres, lost our left tackle for the entire year, probably the best in the entire league, and we lost a player to a six-game suspension," he said. "And then in the middle of the season our head coach had a heart attack and was out for five weeks. The deck was shuffled, and there were so many things that pointed to having a bad year. We handled more adversity in a single season than most teams will in a five- or 10-year span." The 38-year-old quarterback said he has set no timetable for retirement. "I feel lucky to still be playing the game, and I enjoy being around these young guys. They keep me feeling young," he said. "Im going to keep doing it as long as I can still help the team, as long as I still enjoy the preparation, and as long as the team still wants me to play." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz