Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
No title

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 59 mal aufgerufen
 Grüße
jin shuiqian Offline

18.10.2019 05:18
the father of two girls. Antworten

Maybe we need to start calling it "Kassian Karma." Whenever Matt Kassian plays, the Ottawa Senators seem to pick up points and when the winger isnt in the lineup, they have struggled. The Sens forward has dressed for roughly half of the games this season and the contrasting record when he is in and out of the lineup is rather remarkable. They have lost only three times in regulation out of the 24 games that Kassian has been a part of, posting a 13-3-8 record. But when Kassian doesnt play, they have a woeful 8-16-1 record in 25 games. On Monday, I approached Kassian to see if he was aware of the teams outstanding record with him in the lineup. "Yeah I knew," Kassian said immediately. "When you are a guy who goes in and out of the lineup, you pay attention to things like that. You want to be a guy that, when youre in the lineup, the team has success. Its been fortunate for me that so far we have." The simple explanation would be that perhaps the Senators skilled forwards feel like they have a little more room to operate on a night when Kassian is sitting on their bench. Maybe the opposition is a little less inclined to take liberties with Ottawa players if they have to answer to Kassian. But even Kassian agrees that is likely an oversimplification of the situation. "There are probably more factors to it than just that," he said. "You hope its because the team has an identity where theyre going to go out and play and just get things done and maybe give them some confidence. Thats what you hope for." Other Sens players cant necessarily identify the phenomenon, either. "I dont know the real reason for it, other than weve timed our games well and hes played well when hes played," explains captain Jason Spezza. "Hes a guy that when he plays, hes a physical presence out there. He understands his role and hes done a really good job of just keeping things simple when he plays. But its also strange that Ottawas record would be so good with Kassian in the lineup, considering he hardly sees the ice when he plays. He averages 4:23 of ice-time per game – although that number has been slightly north of six minutes per game in the month of January. In a game against the Toronto Maple Leafs in December, Kassian played just 1:05 and followed that up with just 2:20 of ice time in the next game against the Philadelphia Flyers. Remarkably, the Sens picked up three out of a possible four points in those games. "It depends on the night. Some of those nights where I havent played there have been a lot of penalties and special teams – and I dont play on special teams. Instantly, that cuts it down," says Kassian. "And the guys who need to play 5-on-5 are your big guys, so there could be some weird nights like that. Especially at the start of the season when we basically had a parade to the penalty box." It turns out that Kassians limited ice time may actually benefit the other 11 forwards, who often see increased ice time on those nights. While many people like to see their team roll four lines consistently, it appears as though this years edition of the Sens seem to thrive on the nights when they are playing with three-and-a-half lines. "Its better for me. I prefer when I play more, I think I play better," said Spezza. "If you play more when hes in the lineup, that might help everybody a little bit. But he really understands his role and he does a good job. He gets some good shifts early in the game and if they shorten the bench, hes fine with it I think." There is also the matter of the Senators being a perfect 5-0-0 when Kassian drops the gloves and fights this season. "I would expand on that and say look at our teams record as a whole when we fight, whether its me or someone else," said Kassian. "That might just be preparedness and being engaged in the game as a team – not just me as an individual. When were aggressive and ready to play, when were ready to fight – not that you have to – those are the games that were more invested in emotionally." For the record, the Sens are 5-5-1 in games when someone other than Kassian gets into a fight. So once again, the "Kassian Karma" seems to be in effect when it comes to this realm as well. In any event, Kassian cant put his finger on exactly why his team is so much more successful when he plays and when he fights – although he is hoping his rugged style does rub off on his teammates. "You hope its a general identity and an attitude the team has that you help them with when youre in the lineup and thats the reason," said Kassian. The Sens are back in action on Tuesday night when they visit the Washington Capitals, a team theyve enjoyed recent mastery over, having won their last six encounters. You can catch all the action live on TSN at 7pm et/4pm pt. Fake Soccer Jerseys . LeBron James believes hes a major reason for their early failures. Custom Soccer Jerseys . A day after FIFA Secretary General Jerome Valcke said three stadiums would not be ready in time for the Dec. 31 deadline, Brazilian officials said they actually plan to deliver all six remaining venues after that date. They claim only three are delayed, with the other three being handed over after the expected date only because of problems accommodating the schedule of Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff, who wants to be present for the ceremonies. https://www.fakesoccerjerseys.com/. - Jacksonville Jaguars defensive end Jason Babin is now a free agent. Wholesale Soccer Jerseys .com) - The Oklahoma City Thunder will try to get back on track Monday night when they welcome the Minnesota Timberwolves to Chesapeake Energy Arena. Authentic Soccer Jerseys . But sometimes the way you lose takes precedence over the final score. And how the Jets lost the 5-4 game to the New York Islanders on Thursday is what had Coach Claude Noel hot after the game.ST. SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. - Ted Bishop spent Tuesday trying to salvage whatever was left of his legacy as the 38th president of the PGA of America.That he was even talking about a legacy is part of what got him into this mess.Can anyone think of the legacy left by any of the 37 presidents who preceded him? And for those who are not deeply vested in the golf industry, does anyone even remember who was last president of the PGA of America?The PGA of America has the most important role in golf, just not the most glamorous. It has 27,000 men and women who rightfully claim to be recognized experts in teaching and growing the game. It runs the PGA Championship once a year, the Ryder Cup every four years. Celebrity is found on the PGA Tour, which split from the PGA of America nearly 50 years ago behind Jack Nicklaus and Arnold Palmer.Bishop was more about celebrity. This is one PGA president people will remember, just not the way he wanted.Of all the presidents I dealt with, he was more into competing to win, said Davis Love III, part of eight Ryder Cup teams as a player, assistant and a captain. His mission was not to grow the Ryder Cup. It was to win. And I love that about him. Weve talked so much in the last year about whats going on with the Ryder Cups before and after. His heart is in the right place.And then he paused before adding wistfully, Just maybe not his comments.Those comments directed at Ian Poulter — on Twitter he called him a Lil Girl and in a Facebook post that he sounded like a little girl squealing during recess — marked an unceremonious end to 23 months of Bishop bringing too much attention to himself.The potential for that was there even before he began his two-year term. Bishop is exceptional as a public speaker, which makes it easy to be seduced by the spotlight.I think I abused my platform, a contrite Bishop said Tuesday on Golf Channel. I had lived on the edge for two years with a lot of quotes.He was the first to oppose the new rule that bans the anchored stroke used for long putters, but he didnt stop there. In a series of interviews and emails with Golf World magazine in April, he took on R&A and chief executive Peter Dawson for not accepting input. And then he poked the R&A by showing the evidence of not being inclusive was their unwillingness to accept women as members.The R&A voted to accept female members in September.Bishop also floated the idea of taking the PGA Championship overseaas, even mentioning as a possibility Royal Portrush in Northern Ireland, which was clamouring for a British Open.ddddddddddddRoyal Portrush is now on the Open rotation.He also took a risk by appointing Tom Watson as the Ryder Cup captain, even though Watson had not been at a Ryder Cup since he last was captain in 1993. The move backfired when Watson made a series of curious decisions with his picks and his lineups, and then the choice was exposed when Phil Mickelson — with Watson in the room — talked in a press conference about how America had strayed from its winning formula of inclusiveness.And when the Americans lost, and Watson was criticized, Bishop took it personally. Thats why he couldnt resist firing back at Poulter, who in his recently published book mentioned Watsons shortcomings. Poulter also called out Nick Faldo for referring to Sergio Garcia as useless in 2008 when Faldo was captain and Europe lost for the only time in the last 15 years.I guess there had been a lot of emotions that had been building up in me since the Ryder Cup, Bishop said. This is absolutely no excuse. Ive got to know my position as president of the PGA of America. I cant be a fan of golf. I cant be Ted Bishop and have personal opinions on the subject. But obviously, thats what happened.I overreacted emotionally and Im embarrassed, and I apologize.Bishop blamed no one but himself. He didnt spare the PGA of America officers in the 24-hour news cycle that led to what he calls his impeachment. Bishop said he wanted to apologize, and instead he signed off a statement that only mentioned he had removed the inappropriate posts. He said Dottie Pepper, an independent director for the PGA and no stranger to controversy, urged him to get out in front of the story with an apology.This is one time Bishop decided to toe the line, and it cost him.Bishop was on the verge of choking up at the end of his Golf Channel appearance.Ive been involved for all 38 years of my career in trying to do things for women in golf, said Bishop, the father of two girls. And I think when I wake up at 2:30, 3:30 in the morning, and I cant sleep, its because I look at the things that I feel like Ive done in my career — for my girls, for women — and I think these things, theyre flushed down the toilet. Thats going to be my legacy. Thats it. Thats the situation I created for myself.He was right about one thing. He has no one to blame but himself. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz