Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
No title

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 82 mal aufgerufen
 Grüße
gf1234566 Offline

29.10.2019 04:17
play there, I learned a lot as far as techniques and Antworten

TORONTO - With spring training just over a month away, many big-league baseball players are starting to get back into their workout routines in preparation for the 2015 season.For Blue Jays knuckleballer R.A. Dickey, the pre-season plan is a little different. The veteran right-hander has to give his nails extra attention since theyre critical for his unique pitch.I just kind of let them go in the winter, Dickey said Friday. And then when it comes time for like around late January, I start treating them with some product and making sure that theyre filed right, and the nail hardener is on there, things like that.Dickey was joined by teammates Jose Bautista, Aaron Loup, Todd Redmond and Dalton Pompey for a media availability at Rogers Centre to kick off the Blue Jays Winter Tour. The tour will include stops in Calgary, Banff and Vancouver next week. A chipped or broken nail can significantly hamper Dickeys ability to throw the unique pitch, which can float, dive and flutter en route to the plate. The over-the-counter hardener is used so the nails can withstand the rigours of a full season.Dickey tries to keep his nails at a consistent length and also has to be mindful of tasks that other players wouldnt be concerned about — like making sure a nail doesnt crack while hes doing up a zipper, for example.He doesnt go into nail salons unless theres an emergency.I do my own stuff, Dickey said in a recent interview at a different promotional event. Im probably the only major leaguer out there that could go on the disabled list for a broken nail.I dont trust many people with my nails. I do it all on my own.To throw the pitch, Dickey puts his index and middle fingers just behind the horseshoe-like seam on the ball. He digs his nails in on top and supports the bottom of the ball with his thumb on one side and fourth finger on the other.The thumb must stay off the seam to prevent the ball from spinning. Dickey then winds up and bends his wrist at an almost 90-degree angle before essentially pushing the ball out.With no spin, the ball floats toward the plate, often handcuffing batters with its slower speed and directional changes.Knuckleballers are quite rare as it can take a long time for a pitcher to master it. Dickey, 40, started out as a conventional pitcher but found the most success as a knuckler later in his career.So is it a fun pitch to throw?It can be. It can also be maddening, he said. When its going good, theres not anything better in the world. But when its going bad, it can be really ugly.Dickey won the National League Cy Young Award with the New York Mets in 2012 and joined the Blue Jays the following year. Hell be counted on to help anchor Torontos starting rotation again in 2015.Dickey reached the 200-inning plateau for the fourth straight season last year, finishing with a 14-13 mark and 3.71 earned-run average.Spring training begins next month and the Blue Jays will kick off the regular season April 6 in New York.———Follow @GregoryStrongCP on Twitter. Fake Air Max 720 . Paire broke Giraldo twice and lost his serve once in both sets to wrap up the win in 1 hour, 10 minutes. He will next face Pablo Carreno Busta of Spain, who advanced when Jurgen Zopp of Estonia retired with an injury at 5-5 in the first set. Air Max 95 Wholesale Uk . Off-Season Game Plan looks at what the Blue Jackets may do to build upon last seasons success to return to the playoffs again next year. http://www.fakeairmaxukoutlet.com/best-m...s-cheap-uk.html. - The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are going to meet with Richie Incognito to determine if one of the central figures in the Miami Dolphins bullying scandal can help their struggling offensive line. Air Max Shop Uk . Ireland was the last unbeaten side in the championship after France fell to Wales on Friday, and was favoured to end a three-match losing run to England with a side with more than twice as many caps, rampant momentum, and added incentive to celebrate Brian ODriscolls world record-tying 139th test cap. Cheap Nike Tn Trainers Uk . The Swiss won on the fastest run-time tiebreaker after the four-racer teams tied 2-2. Wendy Holdener and Reto Schmidiger won their final heats against Julia Mancuso and Tim Jitloff, respectively.TORONTO - Cory Greenwood has a lot of catching up to do with the Toronto Argonauts.The Argos came to terms with the Canadian linebacker Tuesday, more than four years after taking him in the CFL draft. Toronto originally selected the Kingston, Ont., native third overall in 2010 but shortly afterwards he signed as a free agent with the NFLs Kansas City Chiefs.The six-foot-two, 235-pound Greenwood played three seasons with Kansas City, then joined the Detroit Lions, spending all of last season on injured reserve before being released.Just sitting through the meetings, its a different language, Greenwood said following his first practice with the Argos. Ive got so much to catch up on before Sunday, Im excited though.The Argos (7-9) visit the Montreal Alouettes (8-8) on Sunday afternoon in a key East Division contest as the winner will clinch a playoff berth.I dont know in what capacity theyre going to have me play . . . whatever my role is going to be Im just going to play, Greenwood said of Sundays game. I just need to get into the playbook and sink my teeth into it and justt learn that.ddddddddddddts a tight race. I just want to come in here and do whatever I can do to help.Greenwood, 29, played 48 games with Kansas City, registering 35 tackles, primarily on special teams. The six-foot-two 235-pound Greenwood captured the Presidents Trophy in 09 as Canadian university footballs top defensive player.The NFL stands for Not For Long, so even my first year I had no idea I was going to make the team, he said. You really have no idea when your time is going to expire down there.I feel like I was blessed to be able to play there, I learned a lot as far as techniques and stuff about the game that hopefully I can bring here and help this team win.Toronto also released defensive back Harold Mutabola from its practice roster.Cory was a top prospect when we drafted him in the first round in 2010 out of Concordia University, Argos GM Jim Barker said in a statement. He has since spent three years as a professional football player and we are excited to see the type of player he has become and how he will be able to contribute to our team. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz