Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
No title

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 61 mal aufgerufen
 Grüße
gf1234566 Offline

30.10.2019 02:48
eld after two separate investigations into r Antworten

Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca! Hello Mr. Fraser, I am curious about the apparent game-winning goal scored by San Jose in OT last night (11/5/13) against Buffalo and how Toronto didnt catch it. It looks to me like the goal was scored and the whistle had not been blown. The shot off the post and the scrum after looked confusing enough to me for the officials to have stopped the game and gone to review? Do you have any insight on this? Thanks,Randy MarkhamOakland, CA Randy: It wasnt a case of Toronto not catching it when Tommy Wingels jammed the puck from under Ryan Millers blocker and into the net for what appeared to be the game winning goal in overtime. The men in the Toronto Situation Room were in fact reviewing that play, as they do all close calls around the net, once the puck hit the goal post and eventually crossed the goal line. Had the Situation Room spoken with Referee Mike Leggo via the headset they would have only been able to inform the ref that the puck had in fact crossed the goal line and entered the net and not when they heard the sound of his whistle. This became an unnecessary telephone communication once the Referee determined the play was dead with an "intent was to blow the whistle" prior to the puck being jammed loose and across the goal line. The Refs decision to stop the play is not a reviewable situation. The mind is always quicker than the whistle hand! For this reason rule 31.2 was instituted to compensate for the delay between the Officials visual determination that the play is dead and the physical action of blowing the whistle. Rule 31.2 reads as follows: "As there is a human factor involved in blowing the whistle to stop play, the Referee may deem the play to be stopped slightly prior to the whistle actually being blown. The fact that the puck may come loose or cross the goal line prior to the sound of the whistle has no bearing if the Referee has ruled that the play had been stopped prior to this happening." In reviewing the play we see Referee Leggo holding an extended wash-out signal once the initial shot struck the goal post and rebounded under Buffalo goalie Ryan Miller. As evidenced by the camera angle from the broadcast feed, similar to the sightline the referee had on the play, the puck then disappears under Millers blocker glove and appears to be covered. At this point Leggo would have clearly lost sight of the puck but paused momentarily to blow his whistle to ensure that the goalkeeper had full control of the puck and that it did not squirt loose. The Ref had to also be aware of the potential for Tommy Wingels to jam at the goalkeeper and dislodge a frozen puck. Referee Mike Leggo created some confusion on this play when he was slow in transitioning from his initial extended washout signal when the puck hit the post, to the point where Miller covered the puck and it was eventually poked free and into the net by Tommy Wingels. I concede the optics of this slow decision was bad but Referee Leggo ultimately made the correct determination that the puck was sufficiently frozen by Ryan Miller. It would have been unfair to allow Tommy Wingles to unearth a frozen puck and jam it into the net. The net result was the Refs intent to blow the play dead prior to the puck entering the net. A quicker whistle (or intent to blow the whistle) by the Referee would have eliminated any controversy on this play. Any discussion with the Situation Room would have only added to the confusion since the play could not be reviewed. Right call made - poor execution! Wholesale Yeezy Shop . New York Red Bulls. TSN primes Vancouver fans for the start of the 2014 season with MLS on TSN: Season Preview Special airing tonight at 7:30pm et/4:30pm pt on TSN2 (encore Friday at 3:30pm et/12:30pm pt on TSN2). Clearance Yeezy For Sale . A person familiar with the decision told The Associated Press the Steelers will part ways with the former Pro Bowler, a move that hardly serves as a surprise after fifth-year linebacker Jason Worilds agreed to accept a "transition player" tag last week. https://www.yeezychina.us/. -- Canadas Milos Raonic defeated Edouard Roger-Vasselin of France on Saturday to advance to the third round of the BNP Paribas Open. Cheap Yeezy China . Fans holding laudatory signs started showing up at Yankee Stadium when the gates opened at 4 p.m. Monday, an hour early in order to give them a chance to watch the New York captain take batting practice. Cheap Yeezy Free Shipping . -- Those impatient for the Stanley Cup to return to Canada will have just one team to root for in the NHL playoffs -- the Montreal Canadiens.DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Jeff Gordon is prepared to retire if he can win a fifth NASCAR championship. The 42-year-old Gordon won championships in 1995, 1997, 1998 and 2001. He won all of them when NASCARs top series ran under the Winston Cup banner. He wants to win a Sprint Cup championship. With a family at home, a fifth title could convince him to call it quits. "If that happened, that would be all the reasons I need to say, this is it. Im done," Gordon says. "Go out on a high note." Gordon said recently he was "jokingly serious" about retiring after another championship. At Daytona, he insisted he was serious. "I go home and I look at my trophy room. I see four trophies, championship trophies," he said Thursday at Daytona 500 media day. "But they say Winston Cup on them. You can name me a four-time Sprint Cup champion for technical reasons all you want, but to me, Im still not. I want that before my careers oveer.dddddddddddd." He would love to make a push in the No. 24 in the revamped Chase for the Sprint Cup championship. Gordon was added to the Chase last season when NASCAR chairman Brian France used his power to make an unprecedented expansion to the field after two separate investigations into radio chatter revealed numerous instances of race manipulation at Richmond. France determined Gordon did not have a fair chance to race his way into the 12-driver field because of the actions of at least three organizations over the closing laps. Gordon was sixth last season in the standings, his best finish since he was third in 2009. He has 88 Cup victories, third on the career Cup list, and has had only two winless seasons since 1993. "Ive put in 20-plus great years," he said "I do this now because I love it, because I like being competitive, and because I want another championship. I want to get a Sprint Cup championship." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz