Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
No title

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 59 mal aufgerufen
 Grüße
jin shuiqian Offline

02.11.2019 06:12
minutes from halftime Antworten

TORONTO – This was what Jonathan Bernier wanted all along. This is what he pined for as the backup in Los Angeles, stuck for years in the shadow of Jonathan Quick. And yet now that hes finally gripped hold of his first No. 1 job in the NHL, the 25-year-old knows that satisfaction is far from being attained. "Things can change," he said, mindfully. "You can be a No. 1 for 10 years and then next day, youre a backup. My goal is not to be a No.1 for a year or half a season, I want to be a good goalie for a long time, hopefully." Just 33 starts into that quest – by far the most of his NHL career – Bernier is off to a fine beginning. Starting for the 13th time in the past 17 games against the Lightning on Tuesday night, Bernier stopped 40 shots, including one of game-saving proportions on Martin St. Louis in the final moments. It was the kind of load-bearing performance that has become more norm than exception for Bernier, who is tied for sixth in the NHL in save percentage and fourth in even-strength save percentage among goaltenders with at least 20 starts. "When I got traded, I knew that was my chance to prove what I can do in this league," said Bernier, who is 5-1-0 in his last six starts. "My main focus was always to be a No. 1 guy and Ive still got a lot to learn, but I think Im moving towards that." He and James Reimer traded starts until mid-December before the crease eventually tilted in favour of the Laval, Quebec native. His performance month-to-month has rarely wavered – .933 save percentage in October, .923 in November, .932 in December and .915 so far in January. "I knew Randy, the type of coach he was," said Bernier of head coach Randy Carlyle, "I knew I had to really battle to earn [the job] which is the good way. You dont want anything for free in life. [But] I didnt really focus on how many games I was playing, I think I was just focusing on getting better every day and every game and it just worked out that I started playing good and he kept me in." Maybe most notable in his year-long efforts has been his ability to withstand a nightly barrage of shots and chances, a far cry from the Kings, who were a constant amongst the NHLs best defensive teams. In fact, Bernier is facing 11 more shots per start this season with the Leafs (35) than a year ago in Los Angeles. He sits a sparkling 7-1-2 when challenged with 40 shots or more. "I think we can still improve as a team," he said honestly of the groups performance. "[Were] still giving up a lot of scoring chances, especially I thought last game wasnt our best one, but were coming out with wins. I think if we want to be successful in the playoffs – Ive been through that – youve really got to bear down defensively and be a good defensive team." Though the goalie competition has gradually evolved into a one-man job, Bernier understands that he is a long ways from proven as a No. 1 starter in this league. But he also carries a certain degree of pride and quiet confidence knowing that hes accomplished what he set out to do upon landing in Toronto. "Its not like I said yesterday I made it, Im a No. 1, I think youre just going day by day," he said. "Obviously, Im happy the way things turned out." Yeezy China . The Calgary skip fell 10-8 to Swedens Oskar Eriksson in semifinal action Saturday and will face Switzerlands Peter de Cruz for the bronze medal (Saturday at 10pm et/7pm pt on TSN2). Wholesale Yeezy China . "I only want to go through this one more time," Crosby said Friday. The 24-year-old captain hasnt played since the symptoms resurfaced following a loss to Boston on Dec. 5. Doctors allowed him to return to full practice on Tuesday and while Crosby is pleased with the way his body is responding he refuses to put on his return. https://www.yeezychina.us/. It was just time for him to make a big play. Nicolas Batum had 20 points and 10 rebounds, Wesley Matthews scored 18 points, and the Trail Blazers overcame poor-shooting nights by two of their best players in a 94-90 victory over the New York Knicks on Wednesday. Wholesale Yeezy Shop . - A week after a late-game debacle on defence, the Pittsburgh Steelers showed they can finish. Fake Yeezy China . The 24-year-old Raley was 0-2 with a 9.00 ERA for Chicago in his first two career starts after being called up from Iowa on Aug. 7. He was optioned to Iowa on Monday after losing 3-0 to Cincinnati in Chicago on Sunday. GENOA, Italy -- Maxi Lopez scored on his Sampdoria return to give the team a 1-0 victory at bitter rival Genoa in the derby della lanterna on Monday. Lopez is in his second loan spell at Sampdoria and he took less than 24 minutes to mark his debut with a goal. The Argentine played a one-two with Eder before lifting the ball over Genoa goalkeeper Mattia Perin. "Its a new fantastic debut," Lopez said. "I couldnt ask for more. This is a reward for the hard work of the squad and a present for the fans who were at the stadium tonight. "Im happy with the goal, Ive reeturned home.dddddddddddd I have to thank the club for the faith theyve shown in me, I needed consistency and to be back at the top level." Genoa twice had the ball in the back of the net but Luca Antonellis effort four minutes from halftime and Moussa Konates 65th-minute strike were both ruled out for offside. The match was originally scheduled to take place Sunday night but was postponed for security reasons, with the regions biggest market taking place at the same time near the stadium. Sampdoria moved into 13th place in the table, two points behind Genoa. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz