Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
No title

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 50 mal aufgerufen
 Grüße
jin shuiqian Offline

11.11.2019 06:48
we won it two years ago Antworten

Concordia defensive lineman Quinn Smith, a top prospect for next weeks CFL draft, admitted Thursday he tested positive for a banned substance. Smith, who raised eyebrows at the CFL combine in March with his ability on both sides of the ball, confirmed in a statement he tested positive for the anabolic steroid Stanozolol prior to auditioning for league officials. Its the same substance Canadian sprinter Ben Johnson tested positive for at the 88 Seoul Summer Games, which resulted in him being stripped of the 100-metre gold medal and suspended. "I accept full responsibility for the result of Stanozolol metabolite in my test," Smith said in the release. "I can assure you it was not my intention to use a banned substance or to try to beat the system. "I did not properly research the contents of supplements I obtained online and I will accept the consequences of my actions." Smith added he has asked that his B sample be tested and is awaiting those results. Prior to releasing his statement, Smith sent emails to all nine CFL teams informing them of the positive test and formally apologizing. "I have the deepest respect for the CFL, the CIS and Concordia University and am thankful for the opportunities they offer young people like myself," Smith said. "I have brought undue negative attention to these organizations and for this I am truly sorry. "I will have no further comments to offer publicly." The six-foot-two, 305-pound Smith, a Toronto native, was ranked fourth among the CFL scouting bureaus final top-15 prospects for Tuesday nights draft, heady stuff considering Smith wasnt rated on either the fall or winter lists. A big reason for Smiths meteoric rise was his performance at the combine, where he impressed as both an offensive and defensive lineman. That versatility had Smith being mentioned as a bona fide first-round prospect -- and possibly going first overall to the expansion Ottawa Redblacks -- in the 14 draft. On the first day of testing, Smith benched 225 pounds 28 times, had a 27.5-inch vertical jump and eight feet three inches in the broad jump. The next day, prior to the one-on-one drills, Smith posted a 40-yard dash time of 4.808 seconds, 7.56 seconds in the three-cone drill and 4.62 seconds in the shuttle. If Smiths B sample also tests positive, his college football career would be over. Smith still has two years of CIS eligibility remaining but as a first-time drug offender hed receive a two-year ban. But the positive test wont hamper his ability to play in the CFL as a rookie. Under the leagues drug policy, Smith will be deemed a first-time offender. He will automatically be subjected to mandatory testing and an assessment, followed by counselling. A second offence will trigger a three-game suspension. The agreement also calls for a one-year ban for a third offence and a lifetime suspension for a fourth positive test. "Its very disappointing that this player tested positive for a banned substance," Michael Copeland, the CFLs president and chief operating officer, said in a statement. "If he is drafted and signed by one of our teams, and the positive test is confirmed, he will immediately be subject to mandatory testing as governed by our drug policy. "While we never want to see a player test positive for a banned substance, it does demonstrate the benefit and effectiveness of testing prospects as they prepare for the CFL combine and draft." The CFLs drug policy is part of the leagues collective bargaining agreement with the CFL Players Association. The two sides are currently negotiating a new deal with the current one scheduled to expire May 31. The question remains, however, what impact the positive test will have on Smiths draft stock Tuesday night. Toronto Argonauts GM Jim Barker said for some teams, the news will impact their overall assessment of the former Concordia star. But Barker wouldnt say whether his opinions of Smith have changed as a result of his miscue. "It really depends on the team," said Barker, who has the sixth overall selection Tuesday. "The kid had no idea what he was taking contained a banned substance, all he thought he was doing was taking a supplement to try and make himself better. "Teams will take things different ways. To say whether its going to hurt his draft stock is speculation. It goes into the pool of knowledge that we have on every player. Its going to be viewed both ways by people. It adds intrigue to the draft, good, bad or indifferent." Fake Baseball Jerseys . Louis and Ryan Kesler have demanded to be traded. Fake NHL Jerseys . Adam Lind provided the power and rookie starter Marcus Stroman had the best start of his young career as the Blue Jays dumped the Yankees 8-3 at Rogers Centre. Stroman, making his fifth start for Toronto, allowed one earned run and three hits over a career-high eight innings. http://www.fakejersey.com/fake-nba-jerseys/. Bjoerndalen, who had failed to win any major race for two years before Sochi, writes in a Facebook entry that he is "full of energy and inspiration" after winning the 10-kilometre sprint and mixed relay at last months Olympics. Fake Jerseys 2019 . Vonn had another scary moment at Saturdays World Cup downhill in Val dIsere, ending up clutching her knee in pain after losing her balance and missing a gate. But she gave a reassuring answer shortly afterward, saying no new damage had been done to the surgically repaired knee, and that her plans for the Sochi Olympics were still intact. Fake Soccer Jerseys . A Swiss Federal Tribunal ruling published Friday said that FIFAs disputes panel and the Court of Arbitration for Sport correctly imposed the sanction for Nantes enticing Guinea forward Ismael Bangoura to break his contract with Dubai club Al Nasr in January 2012.PARIS -- Paris Saint-Germains hopes of a domestic treble are over after a surprise 2-1 home defeat by Montpellier in the French Cup on Wednesday. PSG had scored 15 goals in the four previous games, but coach Laurent Blancs decision not to start with regulars Zlatan Ibrahimovic, midfielder Thiago Motta and goalkeeper Salvatore Sirigu backfired against an inspired Montpellier team that advanced to the last 16 of the cup. Backup goalkeeper Nicolas Douchez was at fault for the first goal as he failed to come for a cross and defender Daniel Congre headed home in the 20th minute. Uruguay forward Edinson Cavani equalized for PSG 10 minutes later, but slack marking allowed Colombian forward Victor Hugo Montano to head a 69th-minute winner for a team languishing in 16th place in the league. "Its an upset, I hope we wont be too tired against Nice on Saturday, but its extraordinary to win here in Paris," Montpellier owner Louis Nicollin said. "It was impossible. Theyd scored five at the weekend (against Nantes)." Cavani scored his 20th goal of the season with a tap-in from left back Lucas Dignes cross, but he somehow missed an open goal moments later. Javier Pastores shot was then saved by goalie Laurent Pionnier in the 55th as PSG squandered chances. Blanc brought on Ibrahimovic and Motta in the 66th, but poor defending let PSG down again as Montano was unchallenged to head past a static Douchez. Also, Monaco advanced with a 3-0 win at amateur side Chasselay. The win was tempered by a knee injury to Colombia striker Radamel Falcao, who faces an anxious wait to find out if he has a serious injury ahead of the World Cup. He opened the scoring for Monaco in the 29th minute with his 11th goal of the season, but was caught by a heavy tackle from Chasselay centre half Soner Ertek in the 40th. After receiving treatment he was stretchered off a few minutes later and replaced by Emmanuell Riviere, who scored twice in the second half.dddddddddddd Monaco coach Claudio Ranieri was furious with match referee Philippe Kalt for not taking firmer action against Chasselays players. "If Falcao has a serious injury, its the referees fault. Its not possible to let things go like that," Ranieri said. "When there are fouls, you have to whistle. When its a bad foul, you have to get a yellow card out and if theres another bad foul, then its a red. Tonight I saw neither." On a night of upsets, amateur side Lile Rousse and Moulins advanced against first division sides. Lile Rousse, which plays in the equivalent of the fifth division, beat Bordeaux -- ninth in the top flight -- 4-3 in a penalty shootout after the match finished 0-0. Moulins, which plays in the fourth division, followed up with a 2-1 win against Toulouse -- 11th in Ligue 1 -- thanks to two goals from striker Sebastien Da Silva after Israel forward Eden Ben Basat had given Toulouse a first-half lead. Elsewhere, Lyon survived a scare to beat Yzeure 3-1 -- with Lyon winger Jimmy Briand equalizing straight from the restart after the non-leaguers went 1-0 up in the 74th through midfielder Lamine Mbaye. Yoann Gourcuff continued his fine recent form with a splendid strike from 25 metres to give Lyon the lead and Steed Malbranque added a neat finish as Lyon caught Yzeure on the break. "We have good memories of the French Cup because we won it two years ago," Gourcuff said. "They were very motivated against us but I think we showed the right attitude and didnt panic when we conceded that goal." The 27-year-old Gourcuff has scored three times in the past four games and is pushing for a recall to the France squad. "Im just thinking about playing and enjoying myself out on the pitch," Gourcuff said. "Im injury free now and the more I play, the better I feel." ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz