Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
No title

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 71 mal aufgerufen
 Grüße
jin shuiqian Offline

14.11.2019 03:58
Cano was the DH Tuesday Antworten

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- Mark Buehrle allowed two walks and both runners ended up scoring. So despite pitching into the seventh inning Thursday night, and helping the Toronto Blue Jays to a 7-3 victory over the Kansas City Royals that staved off a series sweep, the veteran left-hander still had something to ruminate over in the visiting clubhouse at Kauffman Stadium. "Id rather give up 10 hits and no walks. I hate it. Make them earn it," Buehrle said. "But you know, our offence bounced back and the defence played well behind me." Apparently, nobody is tougher on Buehrle than Buehrle. Juan Francisco and Colby Rasmus each homered and drove in two runs, and Anthony Gose also had a pair of RBIs after getting recalled from Triple-A Buffalo to start in place of injured outfielder Melky Cabrera, helping Toronto avoid its first three-game sweep by the Royals since 1993. Buehrle (5-1) worked through plenty of trouble in 6 2-3 innings, allowing two earned runs on seven hits and those two walks. Aaron Loup pitched 2 1-3 shutout innings for his third career save. "(Buehrle) pitches to win," Blue Jays manager John Gibbons said. "Hes going to do whatever it takes, and hes on a nice little roll. Hes having a good year for us." The Royals Jeremy Guthrie (2-2) left trailing 4-3 after six innings, but his bullpen was unable to keep it close. Billy Butler drove in a pair of runs, but that was just about it for Kansas City, which had its three-game winning streak come to an end. "He mixes speeds. He locates. He frustrates you," Butler said of Buehrle, no stranger to Kansas City having pitched for the AL Central rival White Sox. "He feeds off your over aggressiveness." The teams traded blows most of the way. Toronto struck first when Chris Getz singled in the first inning and then swiped bases all the way to third, where Edwin Encarnacion drove him in with a fielders choice. Kansas City answered in the second when Justin Maxwell walked and Alcides Escobar singled to right. Jose Bautista flubbed the pickup, allowing Maxwell to score easily. The Royals pulled ahead in the third on Butlers single, though they squandered another scoring opportunity when Eric Hosmer was thrown out at home for the second straight night. The Blue Jays regained the lead the next half inning when Francisco, who had two homers in three at-bats off Guthrie last season, hit a two-run shot over the bullpen in right field. But the Royals answered again on Butlers two-out double to left in the bottom of the fifth. "Im seeing the ball good now," Butler said. "I knew it was going to come." The Royals kept shifting dramatically to deal with the Blue Jays left-handed power hitters, but it didnt matter when Rasmus came to bat in the sixth. He powered a 1-2 pitch right over the defence for a two-out homer that gave Toronto a 4-3 lead. "I was trying to go down and in and didnt get it there," Guthrie said. Guthrie finished off the inning, but was lifted after allowing four runs on eight hits and two walks in just six innings. His bumpy night stood in stark contrast to his last four outings against the Blue Jays, when he went 1-0 with a 1.44 ERA. The Blue Jays tacked on some insurance in the eighth. Rasmus drew a bases-loaded walk off Michael Mariot, and then Gose hit a two-run double off Louis Coleman that broke the game open. "It was definitely a big win," Loup said. "Close game like it was, back and forth, back and forth. Hopefully it gets us on a roll, gets us some wins." NOTES: Toronto selected the contract of INF Steve Tolleson from Triple-A Buffalo. INF Jonathan Diaz was optioned to Buffalo and OF Moises Sierra designated for assignment. ... Royals LHP Bruce Chen (back inflammation) is expected to go on the DL, manager Ned Yost said. It was unclear who will start in his place Saturday against Detroit. ... Cabrera got the night off after getting hit in the left shin Wednesday. Gibbons said he should be available for this weekends series in Pittsburgh. Wholesale Soccer Jerseys . A fully booked flight forced me to leave two hours later. After a nice meal in which I studied the stats of the Argo win, I prepared to leave the restaurant. As I was gathering my things to leave many large individuals began to walk up and wait for tables. Soccer Jerseys China . -- The Phoenix Coyotes have won three in a row for the first time in 4 1/2 months, and theyve done it just in time for the stretch run to the playoffs. https://www.soccerjerseyschina.us/. -- Felix Girard scored on the power play in the third period to lift the Baie-Comeau Drakkar past the Blainville-Boisbriand Armada 4-3 in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action Friday. Replica Soccer Jerseys . Though the 26-year-old said he was able to participate, coach Dwane Casey kept Johnson out as a precaution. Cheap Soccer Jerseys . Cilic cruised to victory, beating the seventh-seeded Seppi 6-1, 6-3 in just 72 minutes. He faced only one break point, winning 24 out of 29 points played on the first serve. SEATTLE -- On a night when starter Jered Weaver struggled at times, the Los Angeles Angels were more concerned about a reliever who only faced one batter. Weaver gave up three runs over six innings to lead the Los Angeles Angels to a 6-4 victory over the Seattle Mariners on Tuesday night. It was Weavers fifth win in six starts, although the first time in eight outings he allowed more than two runs. The bigger moment of concern came when Weaver left the game. Reliever Sean Burnett, who had come off the disabled list on Friday after recovering from elbow surgery last August, left the game after getting Michael Saunders to pop out leading off the seventh inning. "He just felt something in his elbow," Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. "We dont know exactly what, hell be going back down to Southern California (Wednesday) to be evaluated. It looks like disabled list, but well see whats going on." This was Burnetts third appearance since returning, all of them lasting just one batter. Friday marked the first time he had pitched in the major leagues since May 26, 2013. After the game Burnett managed to answer just one question before breaking down and saying he couldnt continue. "Its just a lot of frustration right now. Im trying to stay positive and well see what the doctors say tomorrow," he said. Burnetts injury marred Los Angeles second win in seven tries against the Mariners this season. C.J. Cron led the Angels with a solo home run and run-scoring double, one of four doubles Los Angeles hit in the second inning to take a 3-0 lead. Cron led off the seventh inning with his third homer since making his major league debut on May 3. Weaver (6-3) said he felt the day would be a struggle from the time he started warming up before the game and didnt have the command hes been used to in recent starts. "I felt all right for the most part, but I didnt feel as crisp as I had the previous starts," he said. "Its one of those games where you had to battle, and these guys put up three early runs and helped me out a little bit early, and we were able to tack on some late." After the offence gave Weaver thee three-run lead in the top of the second, Seattle answered in the bottom of the inning when Dustin Ackley doubled and scored on Nick Franklins single.ddddddddddddHowever, even as Weaver struggled, the Mariners were unable to really take advantage. "This guy is a proven winner. He knows what hes doing out there and is pretty crafty," Seattle manager Lloyd McClendon said. "We battled all night with him." The Angels loaded the bases with no outs in the fourth but only managed one run with Grant Green scoring as Howie Kendrick grounded into a double play. The Mariners also loaded the bases for a run in the bottom of the fourth. Justin Smoak led off the inning with his seventh home run before the Mariners loaded the bases with two outs. Weavers first pitch to James Jones sailed over the head of catcher Chris Iannetta and Ackley scored from third on the wild pitch to cut Los Angeles lead to 4-3. The Angels added another run in the seventh on Mike Trouts sacrifice fly. Roenis Elias (3-4) allowed five runs and eight hits in 6 1-3 innings. The five earned runs were the most the Mariners rookie has allowed in his 11 career starts. "I just went out and did everything I normally do and it didnt work out today," Elias said through a translator. Ernesto Frieri pitched the ninth for his seventh save, but the Mariners made it interesting. Robinson Cano hit a two-out run scoring single, and Smoak walked before Kyle Seager ended the game with a deep fly to left-centre field. NOTES: Before the game Scioscia said LHP Wade LeBlanc would start Thursdays series finale, but after the game Scioscia said Burnetts injury may change those plans. "Well evaluate some things tonight and see which way it will go," he said. ... Cano was the DH Tuesday after getting spiked on a play Monday. ... Seattle LHP James Paxton, on the DL since April 9, had an MRI on Tuesday that revealed inflammation in his left shoulder. Paxton had a rehab start with Triple-A Tacoma on Saturday but will be shut down until the inflammation subsides, which the club estimated would be five to seven days. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz