Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
No title

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 64 mal aufgerufen
 Grüße
jin shuiqian Offline

17.09.2019 04:18
significant players for a Antworten

VANCOUVER - Theyll share the sidelines at B.C. Place as opponents Sunday, but Grey Cup head coaches Kent Austin and John Hufnagel have a CFL history together.Austin began his CFL career with the Saskatchewan Roughriders in 1987, when Hufnagel was a player-coach with the club. Austin went on to play 10 seasons with the Riders, B.C. Lions, Toronto Argonauts and Winnipeg Blue Bombers, winning two Grey Cups (89 with Riders, 94 with Lions) and passing for over 36,000 yards.But on Wednesday, the Hamilton Tiger-Cats head coach and general manager credited Hufnagel, the head coach/GM of the Calgary Stampeders, with helping him make a seamless transition to the three-down game following his collegiate career at Ole Miss.Ive got a lot of respect for John, Austin said. It (Canadian football) was a different game, a totally different game than what I was comfortable with and used to.Having somebody like John to kind of cut the corners, to give you the shortcuts that you needed to at least have a chance to be successful early on instead of going through huge growing pains with a guy that didnt have a lot of experience playing the position, was a huge benefit.And it was clear Wednesday that Austin still holds Hufnagel in high regard, allowing the Calgary coach to answer questions first and often agreeing with his counterpart.Hufnagel, 63, remembers a young Austin taking advantage of his chance to play after injuries to other quarterbacks, including Hufnagel.My first year as a coach, I was a player-coach, and that player part of it only lasted three quarters then I tore my Achilles tendon, he said. We had two young quarterbacks at the time, Jeff Bentrim and Tom Burgess, (but) they were injured.I brought Jeff Tedford up (but) he lasted four plays and broke his foot. And in that timeframe, Kent walks in, and prepares himself to play and his first start was against the Hamilton Tiger-Cats in Hamilton. He won his first start, had a terrific football game.Hufnagel and Austin followed similar paths to their current positions.Both played at major U.S. colleges (Hufnagel starred at Penn State) and spent time in the NFL before coming to Canada. After winning Grey Cups as players, Hufnagel and Austin began their coaching careers in the CFL, then headed to the U.S. before returning north of the border to head up their respective franchises football operations departments.After serving as an assistant with Saskatchewan (88) and Calgary (90-96), Hufnagel took over as head coach/GM of the Arena Football Leagues New Jersey Red Dogs. He had stints in the NFL as quarterbacks coach with Cleveland, Indianapolis, Jacksonville and New England and offensive co-ordinator with the New York Giants before returning to the Stampeders.During his time in the NFL, Hufnagel had the opportunity to coach big-name quarterbacks Peyton and Eli Manning as well as Tom Brady, earning a Super Bowl ring with New England in 2003.Hufnagel said he didnt have a burning desire to leave the CFL when he left for New Jersey. But after being bypassed for three head-coaching positions while an assistant with Calgary, Hufnagel said he wasnt about to let the next opportunity pass him by.Once all the smoke cleared (in 95) I was still an assistant coach with the Calgary Stampeders, which was fine, Hufnagel said. But I did say that — to myself — the next time the phone rings and a head coaching job is offered, I would accept it, no matter what the time of year.And happened to be the New Jersey Red Dogs . . . and thats why I left the CFL, to take advantage of a head coaching job.Austin finished his playing career after the 96 season with Winnipeg. He joined the Ottawa Renegades quarterbacks coach in 03 before becoming Torontos offensive co-ordinator. He was hired as Saskatchewans head coach in 07. After winning a Grey Cup he returned to Ole Miss as the offensive co-ordinator and then spent three seasons as Cornells head coach before returning north with Hamilton in 2013.Austin and Hufnagel are the only ones in the CFL with the dual coach/GM titles, with Austin also being Hamiltons director of football operations.Im not sure its an advantage, its a little bit more single-minded as far as the direction you want to take, Hufnagel said. And everybody thats working for you has that single direction.Its a lot easier to get things you want as far as the grocery list. And so I enjoy it. Its a unique position, and I relish the job that I have in Calgary.Austin agreed.I would just reiterate what John said, he said. I mean, it gives you the ability to choose your team and to piece the puzzle together the way that you and your staff believe is the best....At the end of the day, if you can make the decision to build your team, then the buck really falls with us to put together a team that has a chance.Hufnagel has certainly put Calgary in position to win since his return, amassing an impressive 89-36-1 regular-season record. But some football pundits point to Calgarys 6-5 playoff record and just one Grey Cup title over that span. Twenty-five players remain from the Stampeders squad that lost the 100th Grey Cup game to Toronto in 2012 and Hufnagel said those individuals have a chance Sunday to end the negative talk.Theres been a lot of things said about this group of players over the years, he said. Until they do something about it, its going to keep on being said.I dont judge myself, thats what you guys (reporters) do. I just go to work every day and try to do the best job I can. We have a pretty good regular-season record and were batting one game over 500 in the playoffs. Im not so sure theres a whole lot of teams over the last seven years that can say that.Austin is appearing in a third straight Grey Cup as a head coach, winning in 07 with Saskatchewan before losing last years finale to the Riders at Mosaic Stadium. The truth of the matter is you have to have many great people around you, Austin said. Ive been really fortunate to have the ability to have a great staff, first and foremost, have a great organization in both cases that produced an environment to allow us to be successful.Hufnagel said the first coaches to make a favourable impression upon him as a player were the late Joe Paterno at Penn State and Cal Murphy, the longtime Winnipeg head coach/GM who died in 2012. Once he became a coach, Hufnagel credits New England coach Bill Belichik and B.C. Lions GM Wally Buono, Hufnagels head coach in Calgary, as the ones whove influenced him the most.Cal was a tremendous football coach, Hufnagel said. I really respected how he handled the day-to-day functions of the team and how he handled the players.Having one year with (Belichik) was a bonus as far as me developing into a head coach because of the structure that he brings to a football team. Wally, well, I based most of my organization and how we do things from Wallys program. Those three have had a big impact on whatever Ive accomplished in coaching. Vapormax Pas Cher Ebay .The Hamilton Tiger-Cat defensive back always has the required receipt. But he also walks around with a tangle of metal screws, rods and plates after breaking his neck in 2006 playing high school football in Louisiana. Vapormax Plus En Solde . The Toronto Maple Leafs forward and Nashville Predators goaltender highlighted Mondays waiver transactions, with Calgarys Chuck Kobasew and Edmontons Philip Larsen also being placed on waivers. http://www.vapormaxsolde.fr/basket-vapor...-grossiste.html. He did one better Sunday by holing out a pitching wedge from 142 yards for eagle, capping a remarkable 28 on the back nine to win The Championship at Laguna National. Vapormax Flyknit Vente . Among the six changes: Drivers are now eligible if they have competed for 30 or more years in NASCAR or turned 55 in the calendar year before nominating day. Previously, drivers were not eligible until they had been retired for three years, so drivers can continue to compete and still reach the hall. Vapormax Plus Solde . Trailing by a goal after 20 minutes of play, Joe Pavelski responded with three goals and an assist as the Sharks snapped a two-game losing skid with a 5-2 victory over the struggling Edmonton Oilers on Tuesday.CALGARY -- Calgary Flames rookie sensation Sean Monahan will miss at least the next two games with a hairline fracture in his foot and defenceman Dennis Wideman will be out longer with a fractured hand. The Flames said the 19-year-old Monahans status is week to week. The team also announced Thursday that Wideman fractured his left hand in the previous nights 3-2 loss to the Chicago Blackhawks. Both players have been placed on the teams injured reserve list. Wideman will undergo surgery to have a pin placed in the hand and will be out six to eight weeks, according to general manager Jay Feaster. Calgary (8-12-4) is on the road in Anaheim on Friday and in Los Angeles on Sunday. With nine goals and six assists, Monahan is second in NHL rookie scoring behind Thomas Hertl of the San Jose Sharks. Monahan is also second in Flames scoring. He took a shot off the foot in practice Nov. 21, but played in Calgarys next two games. Monahan scored his ninth goal of the season against the Blackhawks, but his foot continued to be painful. A scan Thursday confirmed the fracture. "He will be re-evaluated at the beginning of next week and well have a better idea exactly what the time frame will be," Feaster told reporters Thuursday.dddddddddddd "Its certainly not good news when these things happen. To lose a guy like Wideman thats a tough blow for the team. Obviously with Monny, the way Monnys been playing, its a tough guy to take out of your lineup." The injury bug has bitten the Flames hard this season. Captain and top defenceman Mark Giordano hasnt played since he broke his ankle during a game Oct. 21. He has started skating again and Feaster is hopeful the captain will be ready to play next week. Forward Curtis Glencross is out two to three weeks with a knee injury and forward T.J. Galiardi is day to day with back spasms. "Weve lost some significant players for a significant period of time," Feaster said. "Its important they dont become an excuse. Theyre not a crutch, no pun intended, to lean on. "You try and find a way to soldier on. We have to find ways to win games with the guys we do have." The Flames have called up forward Max Reinhart and Paul Byron from their American Hockey League affiliate in Abbotsford, B.C. Flames head coach Bob Hartley said that Reto Berra will start in net against the Ducks on Friday and Karri Ramo will play Sunday against the Kings. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz