Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
No title

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 85 mal aufgerufen
 Grüße
jin shuiqian Offline

19.09.2019 03:32
with the other guys Antworten

TORONTO -- Richard Eckersley had hoped to say his Toronto FC farewell on the pitch. But the 24-year-old English fullback will say his goodbyes instead via the media as the MLS club holds its end-of-season wrap Monday -- for the seventh straight year in advance of the playoffs. Eckersley, like striker Danny Koevermans and goalkeeper Stefan Frei, is headed out the door. All three have been deemed surplus to requirements. Eckersleys crime is he is too expensive in a league whose salary cap was US$2.95 million this season. His salary was listed at $90,000 in 2011, $390,000 in 2012 and $310,000 in 2013. Of course the salary cap figures revealed by the MLS Players Union only tell part of the story with clubs able to use allocation money to reduce the amount that is publicly listed. The contracts of Koevermans (only $368,750 of his $1.663 million salary counted against the 2013 salary cap as a designated player) and Frei ($200,000) both expire later this year. But Eckersley has one more year, worth more than $500,000 thanks to a renegotiation to lighten the cap hit this year. Chances are the team will rid itself of that burden, using a once-a-year available buyout that does not count against the salary cap. Eckersley hopes that will lead to a job with another MLS team. "Id definitely like to stay (in MLS). If youre playing for a successful team, I think it would be a great league to play in. Its just that for the last two and a half years weve not been successful. "I like the league, I like how they play." He saw action in just 13 league wins with Toronto. Eckersley played in 72 league games, including 70 starts, in total. Frei played in 82 (all starts) while the injury-plagued Koevermans had 30 games (22 starts). Their departures will leave 22-year-old fullback Ashtone Morgan (66 games) atop the list for league appearances in a Toronto FC shirt. Next on the list are midfielders Reggie Lambe (55 games) and Jeremy Hall (54 games) and 20-year-old defender Doneil Henry (49 games). Eckersley played for Paul Mariner, Torontos former director of player development and manager, while on loan at Plymouth Argyle. A popular player with TFC supporters, Eckersley is an energetic and versatile defender. A full-bodied fullback who loves to race down the flank, he played on the right and left as well as in central defence when needed. He added competitiveness and bite to the Toronto backline. Eckersleys 2013 season was marred by injury, however, and ended early as the team made it clear it was looking to the future. He was ruled out of a Sept. 14 game in New York because of an injury sustained in training and then sat out the next five games while the team gave Mark Bloom ($46,500) an audition at right fullback. Eckersley never complained publicly. "If the gaffer (manager Ryan Nelsen) feels Im not going to be here next season, then hes going to try to plan for future seasons," he said. His regret is not being able to "say thanks to the fans and wave them goodbye, so to speak." "Theyve been very good to me," he said. "Honestly the supports been fantastic every week -- week in, week out." Eckersleys frustrations started at training camp this year. "I knew that they wanted to look at my contract so I had that in the back of my mind. In pre-season, I was really frustrated and my head was kind of elsewhere. Up until I realized Im just going to play. Im just going to play for me and then if the club sorts it out, then they sort it out." He started the first five games of the season then injured his hamstring celebrating teammate Darel Russells 90th-minute equalizer against FC Dallas on April 6. Eckersley missed the next three months as his hamstring refused to co-operate. He returned July 13 and started 11 games straight before the New York game signalled the beginning of the end. "Its been a frustrating year, but thats football isnt it," he said philosophically. "Youve just got to kind of deal with it. Everyone deals with it in different ways. I just try to get on the training pitch and hopefully good things come from there." Publicly, Nelsen has said Eckersley is a fine player who is a victim of his contract and the MLS salary cap. He jokes that Eckersleys agent did too good a job negotiating the deal. Eckersley, for his part, notes that he arrived on loan so there was plenty of talk with Toronto about wages. Plus the former Manchester United and Burnley product "was on a lot of money in England." "So for me to come out here, I needed decent money, so to speak." Eckersley expects Toronto to do better next year, in his absence. "It will be sad to leave but hopefully Ill go to a successful team. But its been a great two and a half years and I cant really thank the fans and the players enough really." Leonard Fournette Womens Jersey .Under the agreement announced Monday, the Cuban defector is guaranteed $68.5 million over six seasons.Tomas gets a $14 million signing bonus that is payable within 30 days of the deals approval by Major League Baseball, and then salaries of $2 million next year, $4 million in 2016, $6 million in 2017 and $10 million in 2018. Quincy Williams II Youth Jersey ." Bach is in Rome for the European Olympic Committees general assembly and meetings with Pope Francis. He also visited with Italian Premier Enrico Letta. "The prime minister appeared to be interested in a bid from Italy for 24, because he has realized that the games can serve as a catalyst for development for a city and a country," Bach told The Associated Press on Saturday. http://www.authenticjaguarslockroom.com/...e-Elite-Jersey/. -- C.J. Wilson parked his car and laughed while signing autographs for faceless fans who handed bats, balls and cards to the pitcher from the other side of a brick wall. Yannick Ngakoue Jersey . The alleged sexual assault is believed to have happened over the weekend of Feb. 1, when the hockey team was in Thunder Bay for two games against Lakehead University. The criminal investigation branch of the Thunder Bay Police Service is leading the investigation with help from Ottawa police. Ryquell Armstead Jersey . - Kentucky freshmen Stanley Boom Williams, Dorian Baker, Drew Barker and Tymere Dubose have been charged with disorderly conduct for their involvement with air pistol shots being fired near a residence hall on the South campus Sunday night.Denver, CO (SportsNetwork.com) - Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning will miss next Sundays Pro Bowl because of the quadriceps injury that hampered him down the stretch, according to the Denver Post. Its a great honor to be selected to the Pro Bowl, and Ive always taken the obligation to play in it very seriously, Manning told the paper. Ive believed that, if healthy, its a players responsibility to play in the game because of what it means to be voted in by your peers and the fans. Im disappointed that Im jusst not healthy enough this year to be part of it.dddddddddddd Its going to be tough not being down there with the other guys, but it hasnt had enough time to heal. Manning suffered the injury in Denvers Dec. 14 victory over the San Diego Chargers. He was 26-of-46 for 211 yards and a touchdown in the Broncos 24-13 loss to the Indianapolis Colts in the divisional playoffs last week. The five-time league MVP earned his 14th Pro Bowl selection after throwing for 4,727 yards and 39 touchdowns passes. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz