Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
No title

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 95 mal aufgerufen
 Grüße
jin shuiqian Offline

23.09.2019 06:00
gain after the teams decision. Antworten

NEW YORK -- Ernesto Frieri has lost his job as Los Angeles Angels closer -- at least for a while. Angels manager Mike Scioscia says setup man Joe Smith will step into the stopper role until Frieri works out his problems beginning Friday night when the Angels play the New York Yankees. "We want to get Ernie off of that treadmill and let him get an inning or two where he can try to make some adjustments," Scioscia said. "Historically, Ernie has responded well to this. We need him, and I think this is the best route to take to get to the final solution we want." The move comes two days after Frieri allowed four runs and three hits while failing to protect a lead for the Angels in a loss at Washington. It was his second blown save this season in four chances. Frieri is 0-2 with a 9.35 ERA in 10 appearances this year. Hes allowed five home runs, a problem that plagued him last season when he was tagged for 11 homers and briefly lost the closer job. Scioscia said Frieri will be used at less stressful times, not in setup situations. The eighth-inning role will be filled by matchups. "To put him in setup role right now would defeat the purpose, because youre going to put him in a high-leverage situation," Scioscia said. "If youre ready for the eighth inning, youre ready for the ninth." "Mechanically hes fine," Scioscia said. "At times hes overthrowing, and when he does, hes missing some spots. Hes not a fine control guy, but he definitely knows what area he wants to throw the ball, and hes usually pretty good at getting it there." Smith signed a $15.75 million, three-year contract with the Angels this winter. In his eighth season, the 30-year-old right-hander is 1-0 with a 3.60 ERA, but 10 of his 11 appearances have been scoreless. He has three career saves in 450 games with the Mets, Indians and Angels. Vapormax Plus Bílé .com) - Ryan Miller made 28 saves to record his fifth shutout of the season and second in as many nights as the Vancouver Canucks defeated the Carolina Hurricanes 3-0 on Friday. Vapormax Plus Dámské .Y. - The New York Islanders are brimming with confidence these days, thanks to a standout goalie and a newfound winning attitude. http://www.vapormaxlevne.cz/vapormax-plu...nska-sleva.html. Patrick Kane and the Chicago Blackhawks were proof of that on Wednesday night. Vapormax Sleva . So what happens? Stevenson lands a huge left to Dawsons temple only 76 seconds into the opening round and walks away with the championship belt. "I said Id knock him out," said Stevenson (21-1). Vapormax Boty Cz . His absence against the Celtics comes a day after he scored 43 points in the Heats 100-96 win at Cleveland.FLORHAM PARK, N.J. - Geno Smith is getting another shot as the New York Jets starting quarterback.The team announced Wednesday that Smith, benched the last three games in favour of Michael Vick, will be under centre against the Miami Dolphins on Monday night.The best thing for this team right now is to play Geno Smith, coach Rex Ryan said.Ryan met with both quarterbacks in the morning and informed them of the decision. The Jets (2-9) want to get another look at Smith to make an evaluation on the quarterback, along with other young players, heading into the off-season.Understand that everybody is on board with this decision, Ryan said. We purposely put Geno back, let him observe. Now is the opportunity for him to step back in and lets see how it goes. I, for one, am excited to watch him. He has my support on this, and thats what Ill say about it.It was initially believed by some that Ryan was leaning toward Vick, but he insisted the decision was 100 per cent our decision, referring to the entire team. When asked if general manager John Idzik might have swayed him away from Vick, Ryan was defiant.One hundred per cent, no, he did not, the coach said.Smith, in his second season, last started on Oct. 26 in a 43-23 loss to Buffalo in which he threw interceptions on three consecutive possessions and was benched. Vick provided a spark to the offence in his first two starts, but struggled against the Bills on Monday night before being replaced by Smith in the 38-3 loss at Detroits Ford Field.I always thought that I would (start again), I dont see why not, Smith said. I never knew when or where, but Im glad its now and Im glad I have the opportunity and Im ready to go out there and really show what Ive got.The move caught some Jets players off guard.I just didnt see us flip-flopping, right guard Willie Colon said. I just figured Vick was going to kind of ride us out.Running back Chris Johnson didnt know of the teams decision until he saw Smith getting snaps with the starters at practice.Yeah, it was a surprise, Johnson said. Ive never really seen it go like: starter getting benched, then the backup coming in, and then a couple games, then the original starter comes back.Smith has thrown for 1,459 yaards with seven touchdowns and 10 interceptions this season while putting his future as a starter with the franchise in doubt.dddddddddddd He was drafted in the second round out of West Virginia last year and started every game as a rookie after Mark Sanchez went down with a shoulder injury in the preseason.Smith had an up-and-down rookie season, but finished with a strong final month during which the Jets won three of their last four games to finish 8-8 and save Ryans job.The Jets signed Vick in the off-season to a one-year deal to give them an experienced backup, something they lacked last season, who could also serve as a mentor to Smith while also pushing him in training camp. Smith got off to another rocky start by turning the ball over at least once in each of the first six games.Now its about production and doing a lot of things that I was drafted to do, Smith said. They brought me here to make plays and take care of the football, so Ive got to do that.He had a solid, turnover-free performance in a 27-25 loss to New England, but followed it up with the dreadful game against Buffalo a month ago.As a competitor, you always want to be out there, Smith said. You never want to feel like you cant be a part of the solution.The 34-year-old Vick threw for 404 yards and three TDs and an interception in his three starts, helping end an eight-game skid with a 20-13 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers on Nov. 9.Thats not for me to say whether I should be benched or not, Vick said. I dont look at it as being benched. I look at it as Geno getting another opportunity.Vick has mostly said all the right things about the quarterback situation since signing with the Jets, and he took the high road again after the teams decision. He felt he mostly played well in his three starts, but didnt ask why Smith was getting the call again.Thats my little brother, Vick said. I want him to do well. I want him to succeed and excel. I know hes got it in him. Its great to see him get another opportunity. I know he got hurt and some things that happened. He had a sour taste in his mouth, so now he gets a chance to go out and make it right.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz