Sie sind vermutlich noch nicht im Forum angemeldet - Klicken Sie hier um sich kostenlos anzumelden Impressum 
No title

Sie können sich hier anmelden
Dieses Thema hat 0 Antworten
und wurde 67 mal aufgerufen
 Grüße
sakura698 Offline

16.10.2019 05:37
ing that he hopes people can differentiate "between just a gene Antworten

SANDY, Utah -- A feral second-half attack led to an improbable comeback for the Vancouver Whitecaps. Zach Plesac Jersey . The Whitecaps scored two goals in the final eight minutes to steal a 2-2 tie at Real Salt Lake on Saturday night. Nicolas Mezquidas first career goal in the 86th minute cut the deficit in half and set the stage for fellow Uruguaian Sebastian Fernandez, who scored in the fourth minute of stoppage time to stun the home crowd and earn the result. Real Salt Lake (3-0-5), the leagues remaining unbeaten team, jumped ahead 2-0 in the games first nine minutes on goals by Joao Plata and Alvaro Saborio. But the Whitecaps (2-2-4) again showed some second-half magic. "Its a get out of jail card, I believe," Vancouver coach Carl Robinson said. "We were 2-0 down and dug ourselves a hole, but we learned from that. Weve shown if we go behind, the games not over." Fernandezs shot from about 40 yards out beat goalkeeper Nick Rimando in the lower right corner of the net. It was a dramatic capper to an unlikely turn of events that began moments earlier when Saborio held possession. The Salt Lake forward dribbled in space near midfield, in what appeared to be the start to an offensive rush that would, if nothing else, run out the games final seconds. But Vancouver defender Steven Beitashour tackled the ball away and to the foot of Fernandez, who scored his second goal of the season. "I got the ball and knew it was going to be one of the last plays of the game," Fernandez said through an interpreter. "I got it, hit it, and it went in." Said Beitashour: "I was on the floor when I saw Seba take it, and hes got a rocket. I think everyone behind him was yelling Shoot! Shoot! I had a good angle from the floor, and that ball moved on (Rimando)." Vancouver, which earned a point for the first time in four games, was stunned by the early deficit and "played fearful" in the first half, according to Robinson. After the break, the Whitecaps sent wave after wave at Rimando, and looked to be a different squad. Robinson went to his bench to provide a spark, sending Fernandez and Mezquida each in shortly after halftime. Vancouvers challenge now comes in finding consistency throughout a full 90 minutes -- a task Robinson acknowledged after the game. "Its a challenge when youve got a group of young players, which is what I have," Robinson said. "They played with fear in the first half. I dont want them to play with fear. I put demands on players because I know how good they can be, but theyve got to start believing. Were touching the surface at the moment." Bobby Bradley Jersey . - Derek Wolfe says hes finally healthy after suffering a seizure in November that doctors now believe was related to the spinal cord injury he suffered in the preseason. A. J. Cole Jersey . The Blueshirts hope to stay alive once again when they host the Pittsburgh Penguins in Sundays Game 6 battle at Madison Square Garden. https://www.cheapindiansonline.com/948u-christian-arroyo-jersey-indians.html .C. -- Cam Newton wasnt flawless on Sunday.LONDON - IOC President Thomas Bach defended the choice of Sochi as host of the Winter Olympics on Monday and said hes "sleeping very well" despite the terror threat hanging over the games. Bach reiterated his confidence that Russia will provide "safe and secure" games without taking away from a festive Olympic atmosphere. Russia is mounting a massive security operation for the games, which open Feb. 7 amid threats of attacks from Muslim insurgents from the North Caucasus region. "We have full confidence in the host country and we also know that Russia and the Russian (security) services are working closely with different international services in order to ensure that all the participants and spectators in the games can feel safe and secure," Bach said in a conference call with reporters. On a separate issue, Bach repeated that Russia has promised that athletes and spectators will not face any discrimination based on sexual orientation. Russia enacted a law last year banning gay "propaganda" among minors. Bach said athletes are free to speak out on any political issues at news conferences at the games, but are prohibited from doing so on the medal podium or other Olympic sites. "Its very clear that the games cannot be used as a stage for political demonstrations," he said. "The IOC will take, if necessary, individual decisions based on the individual case. On the other hand, the athletes, of course, enjoy the freedom of speech. So, if in a press conference they want to make a political statement, then they are absolutely free to do so." More than 50,000 police and military personnel are being deployed to guard Russias first Winter Games. An Islamic militant group in Dagestan claimed responsibility for two suicide bombings that killed 34 people in late December in Volgograd and threatened to attack the games in Sochi. Russian security officials have been hunting for three potential female suicide bombers, one of whom is believed to be in Sochi itself. Bach said the International Olympic Committee remains in constant ccontact with Russia about the security measures. Yu Chang Jersey. Asked whether hes worried, he said, "Im sorry to tell you Im sleeping very well." "Im really looking forward to the first Winter Games under my presidency and Im very confident they will be successful," said the German, who was elected head of the IOC in September, succeeding Jacques Rogge after 12 years in office. Bach compared the security situation to that of the 2002 Salt Lake City Games in the aftermath of the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks in the U.S. "In Salt Lake City there were thousands of security people around the place and people still felt fine and appreciated seeing that security was being taken seriously," he said. "I think the security forces can operate in a way that doesnt affect the atmosphere." Bach also defended Russias massive spending on the games. The $51 billion price tag — which includes the cost of roads, railways, hotels and other projects — is a record for any Olympics. Bach said Russia was using the Olympics as a "catalyst" to transform the region and create a winter sports complex for the entire country. Its up to host nations, he said, to decide how — and how much — they invest in long-term infrastructure projects. The spending on the Sochi Olympics has been engulfed in claims of kickbacks and other corruption. On Monday, anti-corruption activist Alexei Navalny claimed that Russia spent twice as much as necessary to build at least 10 of the Olympic venues. Bach said the IOC stands "against any form of corruption," adding that he hopes people can differentiate "between just a general claim and concrete information." In general, Bach said, the Olympic atmosphere is building up in Sochi as the games approach. Referring to concerns about warm weather in the subtropical area, he said there was "plenty of snow" and more was forecast for later in the week. "I think overall we can say Sochi is ready to welcome the best winter athletes of the world," Bach said. ' ' '

Sprung  
Xobor Forum Software von Xobor
Einfach ein eigenes Forum erstellen
Datenschutz